Students planning to enter the chemistry department must follow the procedure shown below:
Step 1 – Information Session
Each student is required to complete an information session with the Department of Chemistry’s Undergraduate Administrator. This one-on-one meeting will cover:
- Course requirements
- Required trainings
- The Junior and Senior Independent Work programs
- Opportunities for Study Abroad experiences
- Preparation for graduate school, if applicable
- The Chemistry Outreach Program
- Science-related certificates
- General departmental business (paperwork, lab coat purchasing, individual photographs)
Students also have the opportunity to ask questions, discuss how their extracurricular activities fit into the demands of the program, and other issues of concern. To set up an information session, contact Kirsten M. Arentzen.
Step 2 – Course Advising & Program Planning
Once the information session has been completed, students will be provided with the link to the online Web Appointment Scheduling System (WASS) for the Department of Chemistry's Director of Undergraduate Studies, Dr. Robert P. L'Esperance, to set up an appointment for course advising.